|A Meme By The Broke and the Bookish|
01) Novalee & Forney (Where The Heart Is by Billie Letts)
- These two became friends, and then grew to love each other. Forney even became like a father to Novalee's daughter.
02) Thom & Goran (Hero by Perry Moore)
- Their attraction for each other was cute, but what matters is that these two guys really developed feelings for each other. It was especially heartwarming to see Thom realize that he had fallen for Goran, and to see them fighting side-by-side.
03) Bridget Jones & Mark Darcy (Bridget Jones's Diary by Helen Fielding)
- The whole book was realistic, and I could see these two making it in real life because you can tell how they honestly grew to care about each other as they learned more about one another.
04) Amy & Poe (Secret Society Girl by Diana Peterfreund)
- Sure, Poe was a dick at times and Amy had a set opinion about him, but as they spent more time with each other they actually learned more about one another, and began to like each other. Even though Amy's friends were completely shocked to discover she had feelings for Poe, and at first thought Amy was crazy for wanting to be with him, Amy didn't let what her friends thought of her keep her from forging a relationship with him, because she knew that he was a good person.
05) Elizabeth Bennet & Mr. Darcy (Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen)
- Even after Elizabeth showed her disdain for Mr. Darcy, he still went out of his way to correct his mistakes and also to help her and her family.
06) Edie & Ti (Nightshifted by Cassie Alexander)
- Edie was actually grossed out by Ti for a bit, because he was a zombie, but her feelings for him overcame that, and she began to accept him for who he was, flaws and all.
07) Ron & Hermione (The Harry Potter Series by JK Rowling)
- It was hard to decide if these two would ever have been friends if not for Hogwarts, but I'd like to think that it would be possible. They just had this love/hate chemistry at the beginning of their relationship as friends that I think they'd have found a way to become friends (and then more) in real life. They already accepted and loved each other for who they were, flaws and all.
|Fanart by *Nami86|
08) Tansy & Hudson (My Unfair Godmother by Janette Rallison)
- These two worked well together, and even took great care of their future baby, going through all the hardships new parents go through, and then some. I'm sure they would make it in the real world as well.
09) Aso Kira & Kashino Rei (Mars by Soryo Fuyumi)
- Had to pick characters from a manga! Kira and Rei had a complicated relationship - they were both complete opposites, but both shared a similar pain, and were able to heal each other, in a way. They learned a lot about themselves from each other, and were able to draw out the strengths in each other.
- I like how these two meshed, and how they went from complete strangers to being the most important part of each other's lives. Both of them were sick, and understood more about the hardships in life than other people, and thus, were able to understand each other in a way no one else could.